Thursday, April 05, 2007

Lady Luck

Yesterday, ... hoping Lady Luck would turn her beloved smile to my direction, I came to realize that either Jack Frost or some other guy had pissed her off. Her stare was cold as hell ... somehow.

So I walk to the Co-op Bank's ATM at Nairobi West (just near where I stay). It was conveniently out of service. Well, maybe Lady Luck was just playing hard-to-get.

The time is 7pm and the road is known more for hooligans than for safety, but then again, with Lady Luck, nothing can go wrong, ay?

I pilgrimage in great haste to Nakumatt Mega's Barclays Bank's ATM - now that one is never out of service, or so i thought. I came to realize it was, but at least it had a kind message.

Since one of Murphy's by-laws states "If you try something foolish and it fails, destroy all evidence that you started it", i'll let the rest to remain history.

God Bless Kenya,
and a blessed Easter to you all (but forget not to make contemplate on Good Friday).

No comments: