Monday, January 08, 2007

An Adieu to a Friend

The name by which he goes is KD. Young man, Asian (really hates it when i tell him that as i shake my head from side to side like they do in the movies), and a very jolly fellow. I 'd bet u 100 to 1 that u cudn't manage a grumpy mood for 10 minutes while with him.

Yesterday he boarded a plane, and left the country ... for what one could say for good.


I met KD sometime mid last year. There is this place near our campus (its a center) where young men and young professionals go for spiritual direction and engagement in various activities such as sports, watchin movies, etc, etc.

KD, being the jolly fellow he is, got me out of a certain phase in which I would be quite grumpy. Back then, it wasn't much fun to be around me. So, with nothing to lose, we decided to take on an attitude to cheerfulness - something that you get to catch on pretty quick at the center. In the succeeding weeks, comments such as "Have you been smoking weed?" started popping up. From thence henceforth, that became our joke, with the consequent eruption of the phrase "Weed works!" (Take not, I dont take weed.)

'Weedy jokes' ensued, such as "I got a stronger variety of weed", "My weed supply has been low recently", and the best of all when the joking got quite far "You've been smokin too much weed".

I must say I enjoy being around myself much more.

Couldn't find a better way to say goodbye, but as the French have coined adieu - I commend you)to God.

I wish u all the best, KD,

... n dont quit on the weed.

No comments: